Kids Electric Scooters – What to Look for In an Electric Scooter
If you're looking to buy a new kids electric scooter then this is the article for you. We will start by taking a look at who might use an electric powered scooter. We will then take a look at some additional features to look out for. We will finish with a look at the main brands and their product ranges available.
Who Are Electric Scooters Meant For?
If you've already started thinking about buying a new scooter, the chances are you already know who is going to be using it. However, just in case you wanted to know, here are the kinds of uses of an electric powered scooter:
- Kids : your children will love playing with their friends on their new electric powered scooter.
- Commuting : if you live in a city or large town, why waste time getting stuck in traffic? Instead, cut through all the traffic on an electric scooter instead.
- Shopping : if you need to make a quick trip to your local grocery store for a few essentials, just put a rucksack on your back and jump on an electric powered scooter and off you go.
When you buy an electric scooter, you will need to keep in mind who is likely to be using it. Many scooters are designed for ages 12 an over, but also have a maximum weight limit as well.
Main Features of an Electric Scooter
Of course, two wheels and an electric motor are the most obvious features that an electric powered scooter needs to have. Without those, you simply would not be able to move. It would just be a plank that you stand on without going anywhere; not very useful really. Anyway, here are some other features to look out for when buying a scooter:
- Twist-grip Accelerator : control your electric scooter with ease with an easy-to-use "twist and go" style accelerator control.
- Good Quality Tires : a good scooter will have good sized pneumatic tires with good grip.
- Hand-operated Brakes : if you or your kid is zooming round your neighborhood at up 15 miles per hour, stopping is definitely important, so easy-to-operate brakes are essential.
Top Scooter Brands & Their Product Ranges
There are various brands that make electric bikes and scooters, but are a small number of very good quality scooter brands, which are:
- Razor : $ 28- $ 415. Undoubtedly the king of electric powered scooters and bikes. They offer a wide range of electric bikes and scooters specifically designed for children.
- Currie Technologies : $ 200- $ 486. Creator of the eZip line of electric powered scooters. Probably the most significant rival to Razor.
- X-Treme Scooters : $ 98- $ 1,600. A good range of electric scooters and bikes.
- Goped : $ 1,000- $ 1,500. A few very expensive scooters. Good quality, but probably beyond most peoples' budgets.